Conditions of Hire
If you are in any doubt about the meaning of the following, please contact the Customer Access Service on 0845 2585550.
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in any part of the centre.
- Supervision: You must be over 18 years old and, during the period of hire, will be responsible for the supervision of the premises, fabric and contents, their care, safety from damage and behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity including supervision of car parking.
- Use of Premises: Community Centres are only to be used for non-profit making activities that benefit tenants, residents and the local community. No commercial activities are allowed. You can only use the premises for the purpose described in the booking form. Subletting or use of the centre for any unlawful activity or one which could invalidate the insurance policy is not allowed.
- End of Hire: You are responsible for leaving the centre in a clean and tidy condition, properly secured. All contents must be returned to their proper place and not removed from the premises. All lights must be turned off and kettles etc emptied.
- Licences: Centres are licensed for certain regulated entertainment but you are responsible for obtaining permissions for the sale or consumption of alcohol or for a time extension from Newark and Sherwood District Council.
- Compliance: You are responsible for ensuring no activity contravenes the law particularly those relating to gaming, betting and lotteries. You will comply with all Fire Authority, Local Authority or other conditions. We reserve the right to carry out any inspections or repairs during any periods of hire.
- Health and Hygiene: You will, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant health and hygiene legislation and regulations. You will ensure that all electrical items brought and used in the centre are PAT tested, in good working order and used safely.
- Damage: You will indemnify Newark and Sherwood District Council for the cost of repair or replacement due to any damage done to any part of the property including its contents, furniture, fittings and equipment which may occur during the period of hire or as a result of the hiring.
- Noise: Community Centres are situated in residential areas and as such the minimum amount of noise must be made on arrival and departure. All windows and doors are to be closed from 11pm onwards. The centre booked must be vacated by midnight unless prior agreement with the necessary extensions has been granted.
- Cancellations: In the event of the Centre or any part thereof being rendered unfit for use for which it has been hired, no liability will be accepted for any resulting loss or damage.
- Children: The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children under eight years of age shall comply with the provision of the Children Act 1989 and only fit and proper personnel will have access to the children.
- Capacity: The Hirer shall ensure that the maximum number of persons present in the centre shall not exceed the permitted number.
- Risk Assessment: The Hirer will ensure they are familiar with the fire safety instructions displayed in the centre.
- Insurance: The Hirer should ensure that they have any necessary adequate insurance to cover the type of activity or event being organised. Newark and Sherwood District Council may request sight of this at booking.
Important Safety Statement
The Hirer or Responsible Person shall familiarise themselves and ensure all users are familiar, with the following safety matters:
a) Action to be taken in the event of a fire including calling the Fire Brigade and evacuating the Centre.
b) The location and use of fire equipment.
c) Emergency exits and the need to keep them clear and unlocked.
d) The operation of fire doors and the need to close all fire doors in the event of a fire.
e) Report any obvious fire hazards on the premises or surrounds.