If you are an EU resident living in the UK you should have already applied to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue to live in the UK.
The deadline to complete the EU Settlement Scheme application was 30 June 2021.
In some cases, you can still apply after 30 June 2021.
For example, if you’re joining a family member who was living in the UK by 31 December 2020, your deadline will be based on when you arrive in the UK, as long as:
- you were their family member by 31 December 2020 (this does not apply to children born or adopted after this date)
- the family relationship still exists when you apply
You can also apply if you can show ‘reasonable grounds’ (such as medical reasons, or being the victim of domestic abuse) for why you did not apply by 30 June 2021.
Check if you can still apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, including further examples of what counts as reasonable grounds for not applying by the deadline.
Preparing your business for the EU Exit
The UK has left the EU. Leaving the EU means your business or organisation may need to prepare for change.
Use this information from the UK Government to understand how leaving the EU may affect your business or organisation and what you can do to get ready.
- EU Exit advice for businesses
- D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership Brexit information
- East Midlands Chamber of Commerce Brexit Support
- Federation of Small Businesses UK Transition
- Invest Newark and Sherwood (the council's business support team)
Find out more on How to prepare and the steps you may need to take.
Further information and application forms for the EU Settlement Scheme:
- EU Settlement Scheme guidance
- Access assisted digital support
- ID document scanner locations
- Sign up to receive EU Citizen Email Alerts from the Home Office
- Sign up to receive the Community Bulletin
- European Temporary Leave to Remain Guidance