Local development framework
Our District faces many future challenges including:
- providing new housing and jobs
- creating new infrastructure and facilities
- tackling climate change
The planning system has a key role in helping to manage these changes. The Local Development Framework (LDF) sets out how we’re working to tackle these issues by bringing together a folder of documents setting out our planning policy. It is made up of:
- the Amended core strategy DPD
- the Allocations & Development Management DPD
- a policies map, which show which policies and allocations apply to which part of the district
- Supplementary planning documents (SPDs), which provide further detail on policies within the district’s development plan documents (DPDs).
- Neighbourhood Plans in some parishes
Timetable for Review of the Development Plan
We carried out a public consultation Winter 2022/23 on our First Publication Amended Allocations and Development Management DPD. This consultation and the work that has been completed so far can be found on the Plan Review section of our website.
The current timetable and process for the review of the remaining parts of the Local Development Framework is set out within our Local Development Scheme - July 2023 (PDF File, 274kb)