Newark Community Gardens
Newark Community Garden is situated in the centre of Newark (NG24 1TN), alongside the established Beaumond Gardens which is a traditional Town pleasure gardens with Bowling Green and Seating. Established Hedges borders the garden with mature shrubs and Trees with annual planting schemes.
Working with local community groups we have transformed the space into a tranquil area which can be enjoyed by all.
The garden is used for range of District Council run activities including garden talks and educational workshops with its park rangers and community gardening sessions with their environmental services team.
The garden is available to book free of charge to any community group or individual for activities and events and can be booked on our website.
The community garden includes features which were designed with wildlife and sustainability in mind including:
- A gentle pebbled rainwater feature which runs through the garden
- Water butts to allow rainwater to be collected and reused in the garden.
- A living wall, located on the pavilion area at the back of the garden, which has been created with a mixture of herbaceous and evergreen plants.
- Wildlife runs for small mammals to use as shelter
- A hard standing area to the back of the space which is accessible for a range of local disability gardening groups. It features raised beds, the height of which have been carefully considered to ensure they can be accessed by wheelchair users.
- Bug hotels to be used by insects and other minibeasts as a safe hideaway.